View Single Post
Old 06-01-22, 09:36 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by theroadnottaken
$1259 as of just now, but better than $1399, which was the price at the time of the OP when the bike wasn't on sale. Clearly, some people shouldn't attempt basic logic.

One has only to visit Chain Reaction, select various shipping countries, and examine the differences in sale % and shipping cost (which includes duty) to understand just how much this company is ****ing everyone over, well, at least the people in countries it's decided it can **** over.

I'm totally at a lost as to where several people have gotten the idea that a company is supposed to price products similarly in different countries or they're "screwing people". or "ripping us off." These are capitalist enterprises, and they will charge what the market will bear, provided that price is actually profitable for them.

As a buyer in the U.S., why should I care what the item would cost me if I was ordering from the UK? Since my moving to the UK just to buy the item is not an option, that info is irrelevant to me. I do care whether there's a source available to me in the US where I can pay less for the same or substantially similar item, and if I don't check for that possibility before buying from CR or Wiggle and I end up overpaying, any "screwing" of me is entirely my own fault.

TL/DR: The price is the price, and it's either higher, lower or the same as other available sources. What does it matter to us how that price was calculated? Check prices and if they're higher than the competition, don't buy from them.
Likes For livedarklions: