View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 05:18 PM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 827 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
How long would you (have you) let it go on like that before you fixed the dang thing?
Back when I was commuting and had just one bike I had a few situations like this where the tire would loose 10-15 psi on the 9 mile/40 min ride to work. I'd top it off and ride home (9 miles and ~50 minutes...because uphill) and loose about the same. In the morning it'd be almost flat.

If I was slammed at work that week, I might let it go 'till the weekend, or the weekend after that. Later on, when I had more autonomy at work, I could schedule my own breaks, so I'd just patch or replace the inner tube out in the warehouse when I arrived, or after work when I could make time. I could do it at home, but once I got married I wanted to spend time with my wife and family...at least for a few years, then working on the bike became a refuge from chaos.

Still, later, when I had more than one bike, I'd just take another bike.

But I do remember a few slow leaks where I let it go a week or two because I tend to top off my tires before each ride anyway.