Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 02:14 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Getting more confidant,...

Thank you!!! Getting there.

These are the tricks I'm currently working on and do, some better than others.

Manuals (I find them very difficult to ride for any distance. whenever I get to feeling I've found the spot to ride a distance I loop out. Grrrrrrrr)
Bunny Hops. I'm getting better. Not sure how high I'm getting. I'm thinking somewhere around 8" at the rear wheel.
Foot jam to fakie. I've only managed to ride away twice on that. I'm always tipping from one side to the other while doing the footjam…..
Foot jam to tail whip. I'm like 60% there to landing it. Last night I stayed up on my wheel longer than ever waiting for the tail to come all the way around. I didn't land it but it felt good to stay up on the wheel so long.
Barspins. I only do 180 degrees. Lifting the front up and not lifting the front up. I can do 360 with not lifting the front up going the opposite way of my natural way.... LOL. I've yet to even attempt a 360 while lifting up or during a hop. I feel like I have more control pinching my seat but then all these guys on VitalBMX say you don't have to pinch. Yet I see pros pinching their seats when they barspin…. I just was watching an X games bowl riders and there was even a slo mo of a guy doing a barspin in the air and he clearly pinched his seat.
This includes cross ups. I can't ride very far with my arms backwards so when I do them I just spin it back right away.
Rotating hops. I can only get 90 degrees thus far. LOL.
half of a surfer. I just put my foot on the front of the top tube and my rear foot on the seat.
Fakies against an obstacle. I try to do them on my front stoop but the walkway going up to it isn't straight so it poses an extra challenge.
rear wheel kick outs. I like these but can only do 1 way so far.
lastly I do some trick I don't know the name of it. I lay the bike down on it's side. Forward foot stays on the pedal rear foot comes around and rests on the seat post or seat depending on how low I have the seat. And then I pull the bike back up and ride away. I saw Spencer Foresman do that.

I have all of these on my Instagram page. SilentnightSun. I can't remember if I posted that here or not.

Now I gotta learn some new tricks. I'm open to suggestions..... Mainly stuff that can be done on flat ground.... Although before the 15 day lockdown I was starting to go to a park but it was after dropping my daughter off at the high school for an after school Bible study. Now they're all shut down I haven't been up that way. Today is usually the day we go up there.
Likes For 3S1M: