Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 05-27-20, 11:13 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Hey Man!!! Thanks for asking. It's been kind of weird weird week 10 days etc for me and doing tricks.

One thing I was working on lately was I was practicing riding in an x up. And I was getting longer with it and I really like that one. Then one night I took a roll off the bike when doing that. And did something to a rib. The next night it hurt like heck to use my core muscles, which you do for pretty much all tricks and I had to stop for a few days. Then about 5 days after that incident I had a bunch of blood in my urine. This is not abnormal cuz I deal with kidney stones. I just assumed it was stones but then my doc wanted me to go in and have it checked out in case I did something when I took the fall. So Friday I took myself into the Emergency Room and had a CAT Scan and everything came back fine. I have 1 really big stone in my right kidney that's been there for a long time. And it hadn't moved since they last time they took a scan 6 years ago. I think I may have passed a small one. Cuz I was pretty sure I had ones in my left kidney but they didn't show up on this scan.

Anyways..... It bled pretty good for a couple of days and then started to taper off. This happens almost every spring but typically it doesn't bleed quite as bad as it did this year. So that's what prompted me to look into it. I should've just left it all alone cuz I feel like I'm fine now but I guess there is some peace of mind knowing I didn't mess something up from the fall. I'm not looking forward to seeing the bill from the visit though. We have insurance but.... There's always some kind of money involved.

So... I've been missing tricks. I didn't ride at all for 2 days but the last 3 nights I took my normal ride for exercise and felt real strong last night. The first night back I went kind of slow and cut it a little short.

As far as rails go, I'm kind of going the opposite direction. I have been working more on fork glides and stuff on flat ground and I am really digging flatland. I never had a huge desire to do a lot of the street stuff young men are doing. Cuz it just seems like I'm too old for all that and there is a lot of risk. Yeah, grinding rails looks fun and cool and I remember back when I was young and I skateboarded the feeling of doing a rail slide was really cool. But for me it's all about the flat ground stuff. I started to learn how to pivot on my front tire almost 180 which is fun Working on riding in a fork glide and rotating into it. In fact the last session I had I kept going back and forth over a big parking lot trying to stay up as long as I can in the peg backwards and I was definitely making progress. I'm not sure how far I would go but it was starting to feel like 30 feet at times possibly. LOL. Maybe.

Anyways... I follow several pros on Instagram and although I don't mind seeing posts by bowl riders and street riders I'm only really super interested in the flatlanders. LOL.

I started a thread on vitalbmx about flatlanding tricks and there are two guys besides me starting to get real into it. One guy is getting quite good quickly. Looking smooooth. And the other is making progress too. It is definitely not EASY to make progress but it's a lot of fun.

Yeah, that's my pee. LOL. Everyone is like WHY IS IT SO DARK**********?? LOL. Lots of blood. I brought that to the ER to show them I was serious. LOL. Sometimes they're always skeptical you have a problem. Of course I pee'd for them there too and it was about the same.

Thankfully no blood the last couple of days and I think I'm over it now. And no other signs of injuries from falling. Which I didn't really think there was. I have fallen quite a bit since starting tricks so I had a feeling they were not related.

So now that I went on about myself for so long!!! How you doing? You gonna buy a rail? You could always make one too!!! You're gonna turn into a full street artist? LOL. Maybe you can still be into flatland stuff with me. We should post vids together. I'm sure I could learn a bunch from you.