Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 08:30 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by acir71
Sorry to hear that, hope you are on the right track to recovery. My wife's dad used to have that, he took lemongrass tea daily to help get rid of that thing, took a while tho. Not sure whether theres scientific proof on that, actually he consumes all sorts of herbal things thats been recommended to him.

Good that youre reaching out to the elder riders, I wish I had the same moral support then. Hey I just built a proper flatland bike, mix n match of some old and new parts. I juggle between flat n street, just to keep it interesting. Really into Karl Poynter n DeGroot's riding now. Yeah rail riding is a bit too risky as far as injuries are concerned, my case they are mean to the wrist. Haha noo, I dont think theres much I can show you, theres dozens of good tutors on youtube! Honestly I'd nvr tried to upload any vid anywhere, am no good with all these media stuff!
Hey check this out, salute the elders! Watch the diet, bless you!

https://vimeo.com/422901914
I don't know how I missed this!!! Yeah things been going well. I got back on the bmx sometime in June. The ribs healed up and I got the stone out. They broke it up with a laser cuz it was stuck. I can't remember if I ever told you I put my progress up on instagram. My name is SilentNightSun. If you have a phone you can do instagram. Don't need to be a techy guru. Cuz I sure aint either.

That was a cool video!!! Lots of good flatland stuff in there. That's pretty much all I'm doing lately. But strangely enough I'm still only doing it from 2 pegs. For some reason I can't get over how 4 pegs feel. I don't like it. LOL. But I still got a lot to learn and the stuff I'm working on I can do from 2 pegs.

How have you been? You got a pic of the new bike you put together? Are you riding still? I know in the states it kind of depends one where you at as far as how strict they are being with people and masks and such but I think pretty much everywhere parks are open now and people are riding. Except Hawaii......