View Single Post
Old 12-08-21, 06:54 PM
James.McLachlin

Bikes: Cervelo Renaissance (2002?); 1987 Kuwahara Cascade, 2015 Cannondale SuperX, 1981-2 Colnago Super

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
My brother had Harry build him a frame in 1971 and Harry gave him the tour of the shop. The bike was assembled with Campagnolo components, Brooks saddle, Cinelli bar and stem. The bike came to Canada in 1978 and was used as a daily commuter for many years. Any maintenance was done by Bicyclesport in Toronto (Michael Barry senior). The frame has seen better days and has scrapes and rust, both inside and out. I tried my best to clean and lubricate the bike this summer. The stickers for Harry Quinn on the downtube and seat tube are very worn. My brother's name on the top tube is intact. Both Harry Quinn logos are intact (seat tube and head tube) and are for the Walton Road address. The serial number begins with Q and based on the Classic Rendevous registry of serial numbers indicates in was made in 1971. The Campagnolo equipment is in almost new condition and working perfectly. The seat post could not be removed so I decided to be careful and not try any more aggressive methods to remove it. I had to replace the brake hoods which had virtually disintegrated. My brother cannot remember if he ordered Columbus tubing or Reynolds 531. Any stickers that would help on the bike are gone. Is there a way to identify the tubing used without stickers?

I will post some pictures once I have reached my requirement of 10 posts.
Likes For James.McLachlin: