View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 11:34 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts
Hey, glad to see the follow thru on your "journey" here, thx much. You've brought interesting points to consider. I have to smile at how far things have come from the days when I was simply glad to watch a video of a ride while sloggin' in the basement offseason. I used to have a problem if the youtube recording was done w/ a helmet cam and the rider turned to look at the scenery - really bad on rollers, I'd swerve... I'll be sticking to Zwift for a while, not bored with it yet and glad to see new content & features starting to increase. Still a bit interested in your bug observations - some seem to focus on "content defects" like Surrey elevation, while you've also mentioned "delivery defects" like client software glitches. Since I moved to a current iPad (Air, 4th gen) the software performance has been trouble free over several releases (was not the case on the old iPad). Very funny about reacting to the cues on Rouvy. Funny. Actually thinking that I might like the abstraction layer provided by the 'animated world' just to keep my nerves at bay. Early in the days of helicopter simulators, I've heard that the mismatch on video cues versus physical actuators caused a lot of very tough pilots to puke in the simulators. Keep your G's down, OK ? <snicker>