Old 04-15-21, 10:32 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Maybe that's why nobody is giving you a Rad Mission?

Single speed e-bike may not suit your purpose, but plenty of other people can use it without the complication of shifting gears while cycling.
Calling people who might need a single speed e-bike "uneducated customers or clueless hipsters" is the same type of mentality that drive people from bike shop employees that think every customer is buying a $5k bike when they walk through the door.
I'm with the other poster. Anyone who can't handle the complication of shifting gears should walk. Look at the carnage on America's roads and tell me that automatic transmissions were a good idea. 1x8-12 is bad enough. I was already going 'wut?' when manufacturers started social engineering us into accepting 20% less gear range as a good thing. There have always been SSFG adherents. A niche community that have their eyes open as to what is what. This bike is being sold to ... normal people who haven't a clue. Even without a proper drivetrain that bike 'should' cost twice what it does. I have no idea how they sell it so cheap but the saying holds "if it sounds too good to be true ..."
Likes For Leisesturm: