View Single Post
Old 01-06-14, 12:36 PM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Smallwheels
http://www.tosimplify.net/ This is my favorite blog. It isn't an instruction manual. It is an entertaining view into a life of a musician that lives in a Volkswagon Vanagon van. He started in a Ford van with a high top. Then he moved into a Class C small motor home. He downsized to the VW within the last few months. He is happiest in the smallest van. He custom built the interior. Read his blog from the beginning to understand his process and motivation. He is self employed as an arranger. He arranges the music for the TV show "Family Guy." He also performs as a session player on recordings.
Originally Posted by eofelis
I've been following this guy's blog from the beginning when he was just moving into his first van.
Originally Posted by technoD
I camped in my 1 ton ford van for almost a year, it's a mixed bag at best. Sometimes carefree living, sometimes not!
Wife and I had been downsizing our life for the past six months or so, facing foreclosure and bankruptcy. Plans were to live real small, build a Tiny House piecemeal as time and resources allowed. Then we decided to split up.

Last week and through the weekend, I finally had a bunch of time to read through the tosimplify.net blog. Which led to other van dweller sites...

And so, I am in the market for a full-size cargo van. Which (after purchase price) will be cheaper/mo than even some of the cheap roommate situations I've been eyeballing for a few weeks previous.

I'm very much looking forward to this change of lifestyle. Probably will pick up a van in Mar, outfit it through the month, and then start living in it April timeframe. Real rough, simple, and spartan at first, but probably will build it out bit by bit as time goes by. Or I decide it's not for me.

In any case, should be an adventure...