cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 646 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by TLit
Thanks for the overview. I drove the 3 plus hour round-trip, was not impressed by this one but decided the $100 would not be wasted as I could probably sell it for that.
My Univega touring bike was much better than this one, and it does seem small to me. Even after having an accident with the Univega I kept making good use of it.
The positive on this one is that condition is ok, tires probably need to be trued. The guy had it in storage and did not ride it as it was too big.
Probably what I need to keep looking for is the right size, lighter, a quality large bike that someone is upgrading from.
LOL!, Yes, the bike is quite unimpressive. But as for quality, it will give reliable service and durability if maintained - more than one can say for many of the new Big Box bikes.
It prolly would have sold for $50, 2.5 yrs ago. But in the current supply climate, used prices are incredibly high.
I don;t expect the supply issue to change over the next year.
You can ride, while looking for something better, and expect to get the $100 back in a year.
You might also want to ride 'newer' stuff, and get a feel for what you haven;t experienced yet.
Time on a bike always highlights the important functional things you'd like to improve.

I have quite a bit of old crappage which was Top O Da Line in it's day. I've kept them for sentimental reasons... not reality.
Rode one for most of last week. It was great, and almost as good as I remember it being.
But now very happy to be back on my Carbon Fiber Fliver again - heads above the older machines...
But Riding the Bike is still better than not... no matter the conditions or temps...
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: