View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 07:52 PM
TLit

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezen
LOL!, Yes, the bike is quite unimpressive. But as for quality, it will give reliable service and durability if maintained - more than one can say for many of the new Big Box bikes.
It prolly would have sold for $50, 2.5 yrs ago. But in the current supply climate, used prices are incredibly high.
I don;t expect the supply issue to change over the next year.
You can ride, while looking for something better, and expect to get the $100 back in a year.
You might also want to ride 'newer' stuff, and get a feel for what you haven;t experienced yet.
Time on a bike always highlights the important functional things you'd like to improve.

I have quite a bit of old crappage which was Top O Da Line in it's day. I've kept them for sentimental reasons... not reality.
Rode one for most of last week. It was great, and almost as good as I remember it being.
But now very happy to be back on my Carbon Fiber Fliver again - heads above the older machines...
But Riding the Bike is still better than not... no matter the conditions or temps...
Ride On
Yuri
My impression of it not just unimpressive compared to some of the quality Japanese made bikes from the same era. Heavy and slow, but I just got it, added air and have not done a significant distance. Not bad for a round town I suppose.

What's the story on Univega, which I was quite happy with and the bikes they were making in the 80s? Just phenomenal ease of use, fast and light.

Last edited by TLit; 05-22-22 at 06:13 PM.