View Single Post
Old 11-22-14, 07:01 PM
archfotos

Bikes: novaras

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know I would not buy this bike again. For a touring bike mounting a common brand of fenders was a pain, trying to find a compatible front rack was not easy, mounting a water bottle cage underneath seemed to get in the way of the two cables (not a problem - but I am always wondering if it'll create a weak point with the friction) I'm seeing rust in a lot of the bolts. I don't see why touring bikes aren't designed with an easy way to mount a headlight out to the way of the assumed handlebar bag.

I don't really see a downside to having disk brakes I would gladly except the added weight for the security on steep hills and dealing with close calls - we're not talking an aggressive road bike, so I personally would not want to put money into a touring bike, today, without them - I am never planing on doing any third world stuff, especially with this bike.

And finally I have had such horrible service from multiple REI mechanic shops that it pains me to even step foot in their store - as a corporation they seem to have manipulative and imho dishonest practices

Last edited by archfotos; 11-22-14 at 07:19 PM.