Old 08-14-22, 03:25 AM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Worthless?

I still don't understand why some of you think it's worthless or that I'm misunderstanding something.

How am I to interpret that when doing the same route of the same distance and compared the times. I was faster when the tires were filled to the higher PSI than I was with the PSI recommended by Silca and others. My roads are very smooth. I can't help it if yours are not.

Perhaps you are just saying my perception of my perceived efforts is worthless. However they seem to agree with the data I collected that shows better times for the same distance on higher PSI tires. My legs didn't like the lower PSI.
Simple. You are not "allowed" to not follow current orthodoxy, that is, "soft tyres are faster". Above I posted a link to some actual data, clearly showing the faster pressure on normal roads are much higher than current consensus suggest. As mentioned above 90 psi and into the 100+ psi territory depending on road surface conditions. Only in case the road is very rough, lower pressure is faster. Me, I'm routinely riding in the 50-60psi range, for comfort, and I'm slow at any pressure anyway :-)
Likes For Racing Dan: