Old 02-09-16, 01:04 PM
bikebikebike

Bikes: Downtube IX NS&FS, Dahon Speed8Pro/Matrix/Curve, Brom S2L,Montague Para, ICE-XL w/Rollie/Schlumpf, Trident Spike, ebikes, BFSatRDay

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 81 Posts
I was looking at a broken Burley sold for parts and unfortunately their hinge parts are not available
beyond the common consumables. They were very nice about discussing this and I don't fault them for that.

If youre fabricating your own trailer they have a lot of axles and wheels available as does the Wike site.
The axles and wheels are also available from wheelchair supply sites.
The Burley that I was looking at had failed due to severe overloading and a use well beyond it's design parameters.
(as a two wheel cart with a 60lb load that was dropped and fell on the towing arm, breaking the cast AL top hinge)

Harbor freight (online) currently carries a $30 handcart that can be adapted as above and Wike trailers has the above described, ready to go version, as well , but now may be $175-200. Some complaints of failure onthe HF model due to multiple plastic parts,
but it might be worthwhile just as an experiment, as one could fabricate a system, as was done above ,
very inexpensively with secondary use for any of the parts that were employed.
wikes is more but ready to roll.

Worst come to worst you basically would feel better about buying a Burly, or not.
Heck, you guys bought Brommies and BF's.

Last edited by bikebikebike; 02-09-16 at 01:29 PM.