View Single Post
Old 12-07-21, 04:20 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
its not gross... frankly you sound like a slow fred, do you even race?
Larry/Gabe, this is your problem. You come in here and say something, and when you are redirected, you get indignant. And, you just can't seem to let go of the perceived indignity you think you've suffered.

Here's my take on you, for it to mean anything, you're gonna need to be somewhat self-reflective and honest with yourself.

I think you're here because you are looking for community with other cyclists, a hunch further supported by the fact that you have posted numerous times about your attempts to join group rides...sometimes invited (e.g., at a meetup point), and sometimes uninvited (e.g., racing some dude who is out on a solo ride, who never asked for you to join him). You come in here and relate these stories and tales to us, and you ostensibly want us to give you a virtual pat on the back and say "Attaboy, you're one of us." But, somewhere in every one of these stories, you also make it known that you refuse to be a part of the community by your steadfast insistence that you shouldn't have to conform to the rules and norms of that community's culture. For example, explaining a sharp indignance at having to wear a helmet or a short (aka, a jersey), and chalking it up as righteous because "They're just being elitists." Or, explaining how you think it should be fine to tack on the back of a ride uninvited and draft (but, I can assure you at three bike lengths, you aren't drafting, you're just lurking which is even weirder). There are good reasons for some of the rules. In some cases it is a matter of safety, and in others they stem solely from how the community sees itself.

You are going to continue to struggle to be a part of the community you want to join if you continue to refuse to adapt to and conform to some of the basic rules of the community. That you think you've been accepted IRL goes to show how socially unaware you are. I can assure you based on the screenshot you posted and then your own commentary on it, at least some of them are throwing shade at you. And, the sole reason is you, in particular your apparent and stated refusal to try to fit in and conform to the rules of the community.

Think about this: YOU are the only person who has the power to change this.

Last edited by Badger6; 12-09-21 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typos
Likes For Badger6: