View Single Post
Old 09-18-22, 11:58 AM
cmsanfor 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 10 Posts
SOLD 1978 Trek TX900 Frameset - 56cm

Hey guys, found this frameset out of the blue. The original paint was completely thrashed but it was otherwise sound, and it's a very cool model. The TX900 would have been the top-end race frame from the first couple years trek was open. By todays standards it's still pretty relaxed. Should be able to clear 32mm tires, etc.

I stripped the paint and got it powder coated metallic green, it has a set of velocals replica decals on it as well. There's no clear over the decals, and the powder coat is probably a 7 or 8 out of 10. It looks nice overall, but it's a bit thick. Should make a very fun rider, just not trying to give the impression it's a show bike.

Frame is 56x56, both measured ctc. It's Columbus SL. Rear spacing is 120mm, takes nutted brake bolts, 27.2 seatpost, english BB and headset. The seatlug appears to bent back a little at the back, possibly from someone under-tightening a seatpost and it dropping with weight on it. It clamps a post fine, just an aesthetic thing.

Would like to get $250 plus actual shipping via bikeflights, pretty much just recouping my costs on it. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

SOLD! Thanks guys!

full photo set here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eXkWpQD2tYABzfSy5

Last edited by cmsanfor; 09-22-22 at 12:52 PM.
Likes For cmsanfor: