Old 04-25-22, 11:10 PM
muse kidd

Bikes: 1979 Trek 412, 2011 Dawes Ultra Galaxy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Triplecrank92
Here's my latest and among one of the prettiest bikes in stable: a 1983 Fuji Touring Series IV. I picked it up several months ago and it was in near pristine condition given how the prior owner had taken care of it. I have slowly been building it up by adding new hoods, cotton wrap bar tape, a Brooks B-17 saddle and Handsome-branded hammered fenders. The hardest addition (not including the unbroken-in Brook's saddle) was adjusting the fenders. With the original 27 x 1 1/8 Gatorskin tires, the clearance was so tight that it was impossible to adjust the fenders without the tires rubbing somewhere. So, I took a chance hoping that the loss of 1/8 of an inch tire width would work and bought a set of Panaracer Pasela 27 x 1 tires. Problem solved as I took it out this morning on it's first shake down cruise. Now, I will be taking short one hour rides (as dictated by the Brooks) to fine tune the fender placement and slowly cut down the fender struts. The Suntour Cyclone drive train is just heavenly: smooth and quiet.

In 1979, I wanted a Fuji America... one of the best touring bikes on the road then, but I couldn't afford it and ended up with my TREK 412. Your bike is stunning. I love the chrome fork crown and the Suntour derailleurs are fabulous (I wish I still had mine!). You did an exceptional job with the handlebar wrap. Nice job with the fenders too.
Likes For muse kidd: