View Single Post
Old 08-02-22, 09:46 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,099 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Guys, I'm not trying to be argumentative. It just never occurred to me to even try it. And I'm hesitant about going "commando" under almost any circumstance. Plus, I'm still kind of new to the game. Ultimately, I would prefer just to get a decent gel cushion seat for my other bikes, wear regular bike shorts and be done with it. Hell, the only reason I have this pair is I stumbled across them at Goodwill for $5, figured I couldn't pass that up.
The problem is I really don't know any other lady cyclists. I live in a small community and for the first time in the 2.5 years I've lived here, last Saturday I saw a group ride with about eight guys in it. Frankly, it stunned me to see that many people riding out here at once. I think the most I've ever seen prior to that was three individuals. My community is an older demographic and I think most of the residents feel like a good day's exercise is taking their Pomeranian for a walk.
I don't think anyone is arguing, but rather sharing information that you might not be aware of to help improve your knowledge. I'm aware (as others may be) that you're new-ish to cycling. The reason why most serious cyclists wear padded shorts/bibs designed for cycling (with no underwear) is because it has proven to work best. A high-quality pair of cycling shorts/bibs is a game changer for long-distance comfort. All that said, do what works best for you.