Old 01-09-23, 12:43 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by etherhuffer
In the iffy advice dept, I use a very low powered air impact gun on some stuff like this. My big one would do what just happened, blow the tool apart. My really low power one with air adjustment dialed down sort of beats/vibrates the stuff apart without damaging the tool. You really have to know your air tools to do that. YMMV
Know your compressor, you mean? You could just dial down the regulator for less kick, right? I contemplated throwing my electric IH on it, but the only impact socket I have in that size is 1/2" and my IH is 3/4" drive. I lack an impact reducer for that stepdown. I thought about whipping out my butterfly IH to feather it out. I can't seem to find that damn thing. I found my impact chisel. Not sure where my butterfly went. So much of my stuff is boxed right now...

Originally Posted by Bad Lag
I do still have the "peanut butter wrench" that went with it when I purchased the pair.
Those Campy PB wrenches are the best. I dunno what the hell I'd do without mine. Out of all the tools I own, it and my Campy t-handle are king. I could live without half my tools just having a pair of PBs and one t-handle.