Old 12-17-20, 04:03 PM
23109VC

Bikes: 2013 Scott Foil 30, 2008 Scott SUB 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
So, I had to look up the Synchros RR2.0 saddle and find its specs to answer the OP's question. It turns out that it is a moderately narrow, long-ish and very flat saddle. And it weighs in the 225 gram range. So, find any saddle like that, or buy a take-off on eBay for $40. I have ridden dozens of similar saddles. Before Performance folded its retail outlets, they had a Forte saddle that was a striking copy of the RR2.0. And it weighed only 185 grams. There are many in the Fizik line, Sella Italia, Ergon. Heck, the old E3 Form saddle was wonderful, if you can find one. Folks who know hoard them like a Leprechaun's pot-o'-gold.
I actually thought about looking for a leftover off eBay but I can’t find any and honestly I think to see if they came on my bike while acceptable is nothing special. It was color matched the frame but aside from that it’s nothing fantastic.

i’m guessing if I find something with similar specs I could find something easily in the 100 to 150 range that would be just as good if not lots better I’m just curious if I should stick with the flat seat or try something that slightly curved.

given how much variation there are in seats I wonder if some of the bike shops will let you take one home try it out and bring it back and swap out a handful of different seats before you actually buy one I don’t want to buy for five seats only to keep one!!!

well I don’t have any problems with my current seat for all I know I’ve just gotten used to a mediocre seat and there’s something out there that’s different than if I tried it I would love it and the only way to know is to try a whole bunch of them..

I looked up the fabric scoop it looks like a very popular seat quite a bit different from what I have made is very flat the scoop is curved.