Old 09-05-22, 07:47 AM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 3,794 Times in 668 Posts
When I crossed the country in 2019, we stopped at Adventure Cycling world headquarters in Bozeman, Montana.
Visitors get a Polaroid Instamatic color photo taken at the front desk to add to their visiting cyclists wall but Dave, one of the guys I was riding with knew if you asked nicely, they'd take you out back for a quality BW photo shoot with the good camera.
You walk out back and they ask you to fill out a form describing where you're from, your route and anything notable about your journey. Along with that, is a question that asks you to guess how much your bike weighs with it's full load.
Then, just before they take your picture, they have you weigh it on their scale which is suspended from a beam above you, set high enough so that you have to heft the bike up to your chin to hang the bike's top tube on the hooks.
A shorter guy than me likely needs help to do this :-) but it's an effective way for you to appreciate how much weight you've been lugging across the country.

Mine weighed 86 LBs.

That following year that BW photo appeared in the ACA 2021 Calendar. Ha!
ACA Calendar June 2021 by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr
Likes For northbend: