View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 08:30 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3742 Post(s)
Liked 1,015 Times in 765 Posts
In my area it would be a hassle, just not enough negative interactions with drivers to make it worth; however, I will admit that they can be extremely helpful if you're wearing one in just the right circumstance. Of the four times I've been hit by cars it would have benefitted me, but in only one of those cases the driver (I think) intentionally hit me, but he drove off without even slowing down, so only if my camera caught the LP it would have been helpful.

I do remember a driver playing games by steering his vehicle directly at me, but I only noticed this because I say it in my mirror, so only a rear-facing camera would have worked in that case.

Every so often I see this cyclist that wears a camera on his helmet, it's very obvious, but it actually might work against him more than help, in other words in his case it could provide evidence damning of his riding. This is because I always see him doing at least 15-mph in the wrong direction on a one way street (a very narrow residential area), with 4-way stop intersections about every 500-ft, of course he blows thru the intersections.

This guy has a nice bike and is outfitted like a true cyclist, so I wonder why he doesn't just go out on roads where this type of riding is safer, I only go on this road as a cool down after my rides, if I still feel like doing speed, I go a few streets over.