Bandrada
Banned.

Bikes: ...

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6591 Post(s)
Liked 383 Times in 334 Posts
Originally Posted by qclabrat
That's been the experiment for riders in my group. Most doing are riding bikes like the Hightower which is spec's with both wheel sizes, but not changing the forks.
Others are trying out the Super Boost, which I not sure whether it will catch on. Most of my bikes are still 142rear and I've been holding out to go with regular boost. Though a few of my bikes do have dropouts which can convert to 148.

What's the rear travel on your bike?
the Mixer builds are called Mullet bikes by me
I think that was the last bike bike that Speicalized made with the 142+ (Spesh early version of boost) was 2015, but I could be wrong. In any case, this allowed clearance for a higher volume tire, but the tire market for high volume 29" tires never really caught on until just recently. The cool part is that I swapped the yoke for the 27.5 yoke and viola I could slam a 2.8x27.5 in three. I also had to get offset shock hardware to keep the bridge from bottoming out on the seat tube. I ran the 2.8 tires for a full season, and like I said, I've settled on 2.6, which is still not quite as popular as 2.5. The Enduro is 160 in the back, and I also modded the Yari up front for 170 mm of travel to bring the BB up slightly since going with 27.5 basically slammed my BB to the ground.

It's called the "Bastard".