Old 06-26-22, 10:00 PM
RogerNinOz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice please - cycle touring Caminos in Spain

Hi all.

I'm hoping to get some practical advice on solo touring one of the Camino trails (not sure which yet) in Spain in early (probably April) 2023. After reading many websites and books Im still not clear on a few things so here are my specific questions:

1. Which of the various camino routes in Spain is best in terms of traversing wooded areas with small villages (not open plains or mountains)?

2. Are the albergues friendly to "pilgrims" on bikes. Do they have safe places to lock bikes? Do they kick you out during the day so that you need to take your bike with you if you decide to stay in one town for a couple of days? Do they have lockers for your stuff so that it is safe while you are away from the albergue? Do they have any cooking facilities or just microwaves to heat up food?

3. If I arrive (by air) into England with my bike (in a box), how's the best way to get me and my bike to Spain via train? Do the trains need to be booked? Does a bike need to be in a box?

4. If I manage to arrive in Madrid with my own bike, what's the best way to transport me an my bike within Spain to the start of my ride?

5. If I decide that taking my own bike is too much hassle, do you have any advice on what to consider (and traps to avoid) if I decide to hire a bike for 3 weeks?

Grateful for any advice you can offer.

Thanks in advance

ps. I'm in Australia.