View Single Post
Old 01-15-23, 10:48 AM
Claude.fr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
They had to reserve slots for French riders because traditionally there were a lot of French riders that only did the qualifications in PBP years. It's in everyone's best interest to have as many French riders as possible to maintain popular support for the ride. Which is flagging, I think.

That's an interesting picture of the barn. I have heard of people making sleeping accommodations for riders. There was one family just outside of Ambrières-les-Vallées that had a couple of beds made up outside of their garage. I stopped in for a biscuit, it was fun talking to them even if they were trying to talk me into quitting the ride They are too close to Villaines-la-Juhel for it to make much sense to stop.

There is a bar in Trévé (I think) just outside of Loudeac that apparently will let you sleep there. But you have to know about it.

Salut Unterhausen ( do you live in a cave sous des maisons?)

I am picking up an interest in that ride (Go figure), so started to read about it, apparently, if I got it right (?) doing the qualifications during the PBP year is a requirement (at least for French, Dunno i.e. foreign riders ?) ??

Tour de France French riders are a minority, it never impacted its popularity.

If you looked, in their eyes, not necessarily yours, exhausted, talking you to quit the ride is a normal behavior to be expected from kind people.

Exactly, you have to know about it, something which gives french and veteran riders a competitive advantage vs rookies and foreign riders.

If it isn’t Off topic, please let me know, I’ll see what I can do share as much as possible useful information about these places “good to know about “ that some are aware of the existence whilst others are not.
Likes For Claude.fr: