Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by WeightySteve
[B]

I don't get this...

I have just ordered some and I will ride them 100% of the time (on indoor tracks only, I have outdoor wheels!) once they arrive. This includes training SQT's, league races and anything more ambitious I think about in the future.

What's the point of buying such nice wheels only for them to gather dust and only see a track twice a year? With Mavic crash protection, they are covered for disasters etc. Anyway each to their own, but IMO life is too short to hide these away for special occasions.
So with all the gear changes you'll be doing between warm-up, workouts, races, do you think you might not wear certain components out? Does Mavic's crash protection cover stripped hub threads because of all the wear and tear from all those gear changes? What about the time spent swapping cogs when all you had to do was switch out your wheel (in the instance that you had a proper set of warm up wheels)? Why would you overuse something when you have access to something that is easy to write off in case of a crash, is more durable, and more comfortable to ride?