View Single Post
Old 06-08-21, 08:24 AM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Drove down from sunny NorCal to sunny SoCal for Tour De Murietta.
On Saturday did M35+ 3/4 crit. I had no real plan besides just to have fun and get comfortable in the pack after more than a year of not racing. Folsom Classic was a bit of a rude awakening. Specially Masters 1/2/3. So I went for few prims, and tried to break away. Got prims easily, but field caught me. With two to go I made same mistake I usually do. Got complacent near the front and got swamped. Thankfully field was kind of timid, so on back straight I was able to move on the right to the front again. Near the gutter. Re-learned that from Folsom Crit. Out of the final corner I was near the front, but not sheltered from the wind. Sprinted for top ten with kind of tired legs.

Did E2/3 afterwards. I don't know if it was because I had slight heat stroke or that Poke I ate, but I felt like ****. Was just hanging on at the back. We were not even going all that fast, after few laps.

On Sunday I did E2/3 circuit race. Started at the back, and moved up to near the front. Rest of the race was spend yoyoing back and forth between mid/back to front. With 6 laps to go or so tried to break away just by taking corner at speed that I was comfortable with and opening a gap. Two more joined, but we were caught soon after. With three to go everything unraveled. These constant accelerations out of corners killed my legs, and I felt super hungry. Finished towards the back.

This is only my second race weekend this year, but it's been very frustrating. I am strong enough for 3s, but not even mid pack for 2s it seems.
Likes For UmneyDurak: