View Single Post
Old 07-10-21, 03:46 PM
SquireBlack 

Bikes: '66 Lygie, '02 Rivendell Atlantis, '03 Air Friday, '21 Black Shadow Campeur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 37 Posts
Yesterday, I rode from the end of the MAX line in Hillsboro, to Lincoln City, where my wife and I are staying with friends for the weekend.

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/70880952

But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about it here. I was planning to ride my Atlantis, but late on Wednesday I realized that that "Clunk" noise I had been noticing had not been cured by my repacking the rear hub, or the subsequent removal and cleaning of the cassette and chainrings, or even the new chain. It was coming from the wheel bearing on the front wheel, which uses cartridge bearings that I could not replace myself.

I suppose that I should have ridden the Lygie, so I could have called it a Cino prep ride, but didn't have time to check out another bike. So, I rode my Bike Friday. Definitely off topic.

My hope had been to get to the cooler coastal air before the temperatures rose too much, but failed; it was 37°C on the way up to Murphy Summit. I stopped briefly to chat with another Bike Friday, complete with suitcase trailer, being pushed up the hill by a woman from Illinois. The ride down the hill to the coast was great, though.