View Single Post
Old 03-24-24, 02:52 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8338 Post(s)
Liked 9,171 Times in 4,523 Posts
Mixed feelings about the mixed club/shop ride today. Was great to see some people I seldom get to ride with, about 20 riders in all. The guy who likes to blow up rides with our club was there and up to the same shenanigans. It's supposed to be a no drop ride and this guy wants to string it out and start dropping people.
The shop guy who runs the ride, also a friend of mine, had a few choice words for him. By the time we got to the turn around/bathroom break we had lost 4 riders.

I miss the old Sunday rides when we would have a coffee stop and tell stories, laugh, and relive the Saturday rides. This ride had just a quick bathroom stop then back to the start. Still, I had a good time and understand they are still figuring it out. It sucked that we lost those people on the way out and it would have been nice to have a coffee mid-way and chat a bit. The leader said he would be fine with a coffee stop if people want it and he will probably ask that one guy to stay away or just cool it with dropping people. I'll probably go back.
Likes For big john: