View Single Post
Old 02-27-16, 07:34 PM
motogeek 

Bikes: '86 Veloce, 72 Moto Le Champ , 72 Moto G.R., 75 Moto G.J. , 74 Moto G.R. frame, (2) 75 Moto G.J. mixte, numerous ballooners

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 65 Posts
Boy, this brings back memories.

I, too, delivered the Chicago Daily News in my hometown of Normal, IL Since it wasn't a local paper my route covered a fairly large geographic area, about the size of 3 local Bloomington Pantagraph routes. I used my old red single speed Schwinn, which I still have and will someday be a make-believe parody gray and white Gray Phantom, with most of the correct phantom parts. They would drop the papers off on the street corner across from my house and I would fold them up and place them in the twin baskets on the back of my Schwinn. I wonder how many people can correctly fold a newspaper into the square pattern for tossing 50 feet to a customer's front porch. We had to collect each week from each of our customers and had to make sure we had enough money collected to meet our quota ... all else was our profit. Some weeks were pretty scarce. Christmas bonuses were nice, tho.!

Hillcountry, where in hill country are you? I lived in New Braunfels for around 7 years. Back in Illinois now.