Old 12-06-20, 10:49 AM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 212 Posts
Ok, thanks for the input on the firsthand experience. I had heard that MEC was in financial straits but hadn't that it had been dissolved as a Co-op. I am a MEC member and we'll see what comes from that structural change. They were foolish that during this "pandemic" they rode the virtue signalling path and further strangled their cash flow by choosing to run their stores as a bunch of hypochondriacs instead of offering service. I wanted and needed to buy in stock items but they made it so difficult to do I said forget it and bought at another local bike shop.

This hold steady example is offered at a local pawn shop. I am not concerned with buying it, even if it were a little bigger, so any local BF member reading this go ahead and help yourself. I am in the market for a bike made this millenium and thought perhaps this might work as a commuter hauler. There are so very many bikes out there that are just as good though. You can buy a lot of used bike for $1k. I think they're nuts charging that for a bike which only cost $100 more new when it sold within the last two years. Right now I ride an old mid-80's Raleigh Elkhorn and that's it. Something newer would be nice.