Old 02-04-18, 10:32 AM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by djkashuba
S.F. or Oakland is as far south as I would want to go. Good number of vintage riders around there as well. Emeryville is pretty central for Bay Area riders.

Nothing in Marin? Seems the bike museum in Fairfax would be a good fit or the Marin Co. Bicycle Coalition ... I like to kick in money for non profits if they sponsor. Wasn't there a big sale in San Rafael back in the day?

Let's keep thinking about this and try to get something pegged for early spring? Pre-Erocia?

-D
Trips For Kids used to put on the big one at San Rafael and then at Mill Valley but they haven't done one in at least a decade. I could talk to the folks at the museum and at MCBC if you folks think that Fairfax is centrally enough located for the rest of the Bay Area.
Originally Posted by jetboy
I could organize one at my co-op space at USF. but its not all that convenient... far from BART etc. but its in the city.

or.. how about emeryville? I have a contact at Color Wheel and they are right at Doyle st park. He might be interested in organizing if we had like 4 or 5 solid people planning to come and set up. I got a ton of stuff id let go for a song just to get the wheels turning.
Emeryville is nicely located for most of us. Is there plentiful parking?

Originally Posted by curbtender
Changing Gears bike shop in Alameda is looking for someone to run their swap... About Us
They attracted a lot of buyers and sellers in years past.
Maybe this is a good option if we were willing to put it together using their location.

Regardless of where we land I am willing to bring a few bikes and some parts. I would also help organize but don't want to take the lead on this since I am one of the organizers of another (non-bicycle) event in late April.
Brent