View Single Post
Old 08-21-18, 06:30 AM
brushspin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For those of you unfamiliar with the new Trek 520, the 2019 model comes with clearance for 29 x 2.0" tires, front and rear rack, larger diameter down tube, and STI shifters.

Info about me: 6' 0" guy with a 35" standover height. Road bikes is 56cm and hybrid Trek 700 Multitrack is 23".
I always think the 26" model of any bike is going to look awkward on a tall guy like me.

It looks as though most people like the Suly much more and I can't deny the fact that the Trek model HAS skimped out on the components which means I'd have to replace some parts from jumpstreet anyway.
The only issue with that is I'd immediately void my two year parts warranty with Trek. I think it's nonsense.

I will be using this bike for commuting long distances to Uni and work all season long. Studded tires and mudguards will be an inevitably with the bike I choose.

I'll call around to other LBS to see if they have a surly. I really doubt it because here in NJ not many people are bikepacking, at least that's the feeling I get from most working at a LBS.

Thanks for all the replies ya'll.