Old 07-16-19, 01:46 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
There's no standard for instructions given to sternotomy patients. They tell us don't lift 5 lb, or 5 lb per hand, or 10 lb, or 8 lb. They tell us you can do normal activities after 3 months, or 16 weeks, or 6 months. But I've recently decided it wouldn't hurt any more than normal to fall down and I'm ready to ride a regular bike again. Tundra Man has already been back at it for a month and had his surgery a month after mine. But my surgeon told me, no bike riding for six months after my heart surgery due to fall risk, and that's why I bought the trike. I had planned to ride it through 7/26 which would be 5mo, and then put it up for sale... and riding it through August or it sold, whichever came first.

But now, my locally-shrinking employer has moved up my schedule. Our fence is coming down soon. That means I can't just leave the trike outside the back door without locking it. I don't care to leave it out in the sun at the bike rack, and it won't fit down the hallway into my cubicle. So it's back to regular bikes on that day. So I guess I'll put the trike up for sale now.
Genesis 49:16-17