View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 06:39 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,824 Times in 878 Posts
There will always be doping in cycle racing as long as there's money in the "testing and detection" of it. The riders dope to win and the governing bodies hope they do so there will be a "need" for their billion dollar industry. The only group that wants a "clean" race is the fans because they want something to believe in. As far as I'm concerned, the genie is out of the bottle with no way to get it back in. Dope all you want, I don't care if it means terrible health problems or early mortality for the participants; just go fast. I mean if we're gonna take "the high road" about participant safety, start burning candles for light instead of hitting the switch. Coal miners have environmental health issues at a greater rate than the general populous so why stop at worrying about sports figures who are forced to deal with their "environmental issues"?

There are many things in our daily lives that come at terrible cost to those who produce or bring them to us, cycle racing is now one of those things. Pining or looking for a "clean champion" in this day and age is like setting out cookies and milk for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.

Last edited by nomadmax; 02-16-20 at 06:45 AM.