Old 07-27-21, 06:43 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 757 Times in 562 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Stainless was not my priority, but I was interested in good insulation, such as a vacuum bottle for hot coffee or coco in cool weather, or iced coffee in summer. With a thread on lid, you stop and put your feet on the ground when you want to take a swig, or risk dropping and losing the lid.
I have struggled with this issue a little. Stopping and putting feet on the ground to drink has mostly been a non starter for me so far except for breaks in towns or for the scenery. I really have even resisted losing the ability to squeeze the bottle to drink. On the other hand having a cold (or hot when appropriate) drink can be nice.

I think if I were to decide I was willing to accept the need to stop to drink I'd take my Camelbak Stainless Chute Mag bottles they come in 12, 20, 32, and 40 ounce sizes. I like the design and the cap is retained. Since the sacrifice of stopping was already made a cargo cage could be used if you wanted to. It would probably fit all 4 sizes if you chose the right one. That way you could swap various bottle types and sizes or even carry stuff other than bottles in the cages as needed.

So far I have been unwilling to forsake my plastic squeeze bottles. I have done two other solutions in places where I really needed a solution for cold water. Once I took a big Camelbak filled with ice in the morning for a very hot tour in the desert. The ice on my back in the 100+F heat was a joy and cold water all day was nice. Another time in the Sierras there were cold mountain streams and I stopped frequently in the 100+ heat and filtered for a cold drink and to admire the scenery.