View Single Post
Old 02-11-21, 08:38 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by sloppy12
I was gonna say a pressure differential chart isn't rocket science, but I guess it actually kinda is.
A person can make this as complicated or as simple as they want.

One thing I left out of this discussion is none of these damn guages we have available are correct. I have three of the fat bike Accu-Gauges and two Joe Blow Fat pumps that have a gauge on them. All 5 of them read something different. When one of my Joe Blow Fat pumps reads 10 psi, one of my "accu-guages' will read 5 psi. So now how does one use that chart and come up with the correct number?

When I do use a guage (which isn't very often), I've settled on one guage that I've marked with an X using a black magic marker. That way I have a constant. I know what "my numbers" need to be on that gauge for certain conditions, but I also know "those numbers" are not accurate. Kinda the reason I just use the squeeze method the most often. It doesn't really matter what number shows up, so long as you have the same gauge, all you need to do is find the number which works for you and stick to it.

When fine-tuning the tire pressure, focus more on feel than the actual number. Most people are swaying too far away from the ideal PSI anyway, so it isn’t an issue.

https://fatbikeplanet.com/determinin...for-fat-bikes/