Old 11-12-21, 09:50 AM
Primorsky

Bikes: 1. GT Grade AL 105 2.Eddy Merckx Milano 1972

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iride01
My Garmin Varia just is to alert me somethings coming up from behind. What will you do any different if you were to know there is a car coming at you 30 or even 50 mph faster than another vehicle?
This is a chance of the last hope for avoiding the hit. After receiving alarm signal while riding in the city, I can move to the far right position on the road(to the curb). As an experienced commuter, I am always trying to leave myself a some margin of space on the right for emergency maneuvering. On a narrow country road, I can pull over from asphalt to the roadside.

Originally Posted by Iride01
It's only in the very last seconds that you could possibly determine they intend to do you harm and by that time it's probably too late or you crashed on your own because you were too focused on your Varia and not the road ahead.
I think that a trained conditioned reflex is needed to get it works. The sequence of actions is as follows: receiving a signal (sound or vibration on the hand) -> evasion maneuver. At the maximum detection range (140 meters), the time margin for making a decision can be significant.I don't mean to say that this will work in every situation. But the chances of avoiding an accident must go up dramatically

Varia is not useful if you are in constant traffic of most urban areas, IMO.
Yes. At least, with its out-of-box software package.
The good news is that there is an opportunity to develop your own software for processing data from radar.