Thread: Damaged Nerve
View Single Post
Old 11-20-21, 04:55 AM
CrowSeph

Bikes: BMC SLR01; Cannondale Trail; Lot's of project and vintage bikes..

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked 168 Times in 101 Posts
Unhappy Damaged Nerve

Hello. During the start of the currently month i had a crash with my roadbike. I had some minor fractures and the worst of all i had on my face , the cheeckbone.
My cheeckbone were fractured and pressed towards the inside plus the hematoma. I had to be moved from another hospital since on my city is not working properly (i left unconscious for hours and i still can't remember anything).
Two days after the crash i had my operation to fix my cheeckbone. They decided to operate from the inside of the mouth to reduce the scars on my face (well , sound bad and good at the same point).
After the operation i had a strange feeling on my face and i decided to talk with a doctor. You had a "nerve damaged" he said, but the strange thingh is that i had almost more feeling before the operation.
Today , after 16 days of the operation (and 18 from the crash) i can't feel mostly of my face...
My upper lip , my left cheeck , my left eyelashes , left nostril and half nose.
I know the recovery is very long but since i'm home i had to admit that i'am overthinking...
Seems nothing , but there is a lot going on even of those small parts...
I can't drink properly from a glass , i can't breath with both nostril (at least normally) , i can't talk since i feel my lip stuck and last but not least i feel like a "cripple" while kissing my girlfriend....

i know actually i have 50% change to recover but i want help the body with all my possibilities.
  • Do you guys have any advice regarding "how to help the body with the regeneration of the nerve?"
  • Do you guys had someone with any nerve issue? did him/her solved the problem?
  • Is normal that after the operation i had the "anesthesia" feeling and some other parts that were normal as the lip now is more problematic?