Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
SRAM XPLR - suspension fork, AXS suspension dropper, other stuff

Discuss!

The suspension dropper is pretty clever. AXS-only so far. Rigid when topped out and when partway down it can be soft. I think this is opposite from the PNW Coast? You can choose the damping in the AXS setup.

I like the wide cranksets. Looks good for my Stormchaser which has a 73mm BB shell. They have been doing this for a year, I guess?

I just don't know why anyone would haul along a whole suspension fork only to get 40mm of travel. Wasn't Fox's entry 2"? Price is ok, though, I'd have expected like a third more just because of the road bike tax. The OEM version has no compression damping! which means no lockout either, just rebound. That's pretty dire but also looks like same chassis so not a bad upgrade path. To adjust rebound it looks like you need to take out the maxle nut, that seems pretty bogus and done for looks. in fact the rebound adjustment is hidden, which is cooler. There's a threaded hole in the bottom of each leg that I guess is for a full size fender.

12x10-44 cassettes which I guess will go on an xD road driver. Shimano has a similar range cassette, but no one noticed because it was in a 2x mountain group that no one is buying. Of course Shimano can't match the X-Dome. Off piste, this will also work with 1x11 speed generation RD's which top out at 46t.

The wheels don't seem special, but I'm sure they are nice.
Genesis 49:16-17

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 08-12-21 at 04:57 PM.