MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10176 Post(s)
Liked 5,873 Times in 3,161 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Question. If for your career that you have worked your whole life for required you to go to a doctor every 6 months for a check up in order to keep your job, would you be as willing to put a vaccine that didn’t go through all of the normal trials in your body? If you fail a check up you could never do your job again?

Disclosure I was vaccinated, but only becuase I didn’t want it to interfere with my new job.
Originally Posted by genejockey
That's not relevant here, though. COVID vaccines went through the same FDA approval process as other vaccines.
Seriously. The COVID vaccines went through all the normal trials. They got them done in record time, but they were done. A lot of confusion comes from the fact that the vaccines were first used under and Emergency Use Authorization before approval earlier this year.

Other vaccines have had longer periods of post-market surveillance (sometimes called a Phase IV clinical trial) because they are older, but these vaccines had the same degree and duration of scrutiny as other vaccines when they were approved.
Likes For MoAlpha: