Old 05-23-22, 02:35 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Is this the correct .883 (21.1) quill adapter to get?

I’m doing my first build from scratch on a 1994 Raleigh Crested Butte touring mountain bike.

I’m going to need some help on this, but I am trying to figure out as much as I can before I bother you all.

it’s going to be set up as a true touring bike, and I am working from brakes, a frame, BB and headset. The stem was originally .883. I was going to just buy a stem with drop bars off eBay but I read that this bike doesn’t handle well with drop bars. I was hoping to get a Jones H-bar, but that seems unlikely at this point.

I read that there was an Manowar adapter sold by only one bike shop, but that shop has closed.

I found This SGVbicycles one. I haven’t gone the next step to see what options the bar clamp offers…I just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly.

if anyone knows any better options aimed at a goal of handlebars with lots of options, let me know.

I’m trying to figure out if I should part out my Rivendell (I shrunk, now it’s too big) or do more of a restoration on this bike.