View Single Post
Old 09-27-22, 12:23 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,566 Times in 7,334 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
The boat I was on was a trawler type with a single deck, hence throwing up overboard was preferred. Some would call it chummin.
Way back in '91 I went on a party fishing boat out of Wildwood, NJ with some friends. It stormed heavily during the 90 min. drive there, but it was supposed to stop before we wnet out at 8 a.m. It did, but it remained cloudy and very windy. I was fine as the boat moved through the Cape May channel and into the bay. But when we stopped to fish and the boat started rocking I got horribly ill. I chummed what felt like gallons. It was an 8 hr. trip. At one point I considered faking heart trouble to get them to take the boat back in. Even some experienced guys who had their own rods, food and beer put their heads down and didn't fish. My GF felt like crap, but my four other companions were fine. One guy's dad had been a merchant marine. He slept pretty much the entire trip. I finally got my self together and managed to fish for maybe 2 hrs. Landed two flounder. They were both under the size limit and had to be thrown back.