USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked 1,095 Times in 641 Posts
Originally Posted by Sactown_Albert

Below are pictures of the completed bike. (I have lowered the stem since I took these glamour shots.) Looking forward to riding this one at Bob Freitas’ vintage ride this weekend.

A couple notes: I have always thought these paint jobs were awesome, and you've done an excellent job on the restoration. In the images I retained, I noticed that most of the grass is quite blurred, but certain portions remain in focus. I am curious as to whether the images have been "manipulated" (for lack of what is probably a better term) - either automatically by camera or computer software, or manually. Regardless, the pictures do a great job of allowing the viewer to consider the bicycle without the distraction of the background.

Many moons ago, Bob hooked me up with a box full of tubular rims - several of which I used, and nearly all of which I still have. I crossed paths with him at a Cirque or three - though I have no idea whether he remembers me. He's a good guy, and if you could say "hi" for me, I'd appreciate it. If you need a conversation-starter with him, mention that you heard his dad was in the Navy.