MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
Since I no longer hav any interest in training, my wife and I use FulGaz instead of Zwift. We get to see real scenery while riding instead of cartoons. No group rides or structure, though.
That looks beautiful and a lot better to pre-gaming era eyes than the ZWIFT renderings. Wife might prefer it, although she does want some fairly compact and efficient workouts.

Originally Posted by datlas
I don't really use Zwift for "training" per se although probably I should. I use it 2-3x/week in the winter when the road conditions are not safe for riding. I typically do either a virtual Zwift group ride (to keep it interesting) or better yet, a private group ride with a bunch of my friends and we talk on Discord (designed for gaming, but you can have a channel to talk in real time with your club-mates). The group ride aspect keeps it more interesting (IMO) than the virtual reality aspect. Both help, of course. It's amazing how fast an hour goes by on Zwift with friends, compared to how painfully slow an hour goes by on an old-fashioned trainer.
Guys like me don’t have friends, but that definitely sounds like fun and the ERG and structured workouts are what I need on hard days.