Old 09-13-09, 02:33 AM
Caad 8
Cat-5-O-Meter: Training

Bikes: Cannondale Caad 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, I am 19 years old and I live in California, my father was an avid road cyclist, toured France, Portugal, Austria and Germany, Belgium etc in the 70's. Raced in the "Rund am den Bodensee". He rode a 70's motobecane 9spd. I eventually used that bike to start road cycling. The shifters were on the down tube, so I wanted something more modern.

A couple years ago I got my own bike, Cannondale Caad 8, 9 spd, 60 cm for $800. Everything ultegra except for the brakes. I upgraded those to ultegra sl a little while ago. I thought I was the next lance and within 6 months put 1,000 miles on it. I joined a team "Team Velosport". Really loved cycling.

Unfortunately I got quadriceps-tendinitis in my knee that wouldn't go away. We thought one cause might be my lbs fitted my seat too high and I was hyper extending my knee. Took a year off from cycling but continued to have knee problems. I had PRP done (Platelet Rich Plasma) and now my knee is healing. Slowly getting it back into shape.

Hopefully once my knee is completely healed I want to race in a collegiate cycling team.

Last edited by Caad 8; 09-13-09 at 02:42 AM.