Old 02-21-21, 04:04 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
LOL you're asking the wrong people! But seriously, I ran for years because I agree it was simpler. Throw on a pair of shorts, shoes and out you go and my argument for it against cycling was i could do a 30 minute run and get a great workout which would be the equivalent of about a 1.5 hour bike ride, so running won out. Knees started to bother me which then impacted my hockey so running had to go and it was on to cycling only in the warmer months. I started to really get addicted last year with the lockdown and felt much safer on my bike as i could socially distance much easier than running or walking. I have several bikes which I use for different types of rides. When I have time (weekends) I take out the newer road bike and go for longer rides (50 KM +). When I'm short on time, I take out the vintage road bike and just get in 30-45 minutes of pedaling which is decent exercise and motion meditation.

I agree there's more involved in getting ready (I hate wearing lycra so only gear up in the kit for those long rides) but it's not a bother after a while and I really like being able to cover a greater distance on the bike, see new things and get a bit more of a rush then I did when running.

My 2 cents.
Likes For gthomson: