rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13711 Post(s)
Liked 4,525 Times in 2,504 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
NBD: Otso Waheela C. Unfortunately I'm probably going to get kicked off of Instagram because I didn't take any pictures of it brand new and shiny before I got gravel dust all over it. LBS called me at about 4:30 to tell me it was ready; I raced across town and got it set up in time to catch my friends' ride at 6.

2 rides in and I'm a fan. Very compliant and just soaks up the road. Planted and stable on the loose gravel descents. The second picture the tuning chip--Otso's adjustable dropout system, you can move it forward for more technical riding. I doubt I ever do that but I guess it's nice to have. I decided to try the Pirelli Centurato Gravel H tires, 45mm, because I wanted something wider and what limited user feedback I could find on them said they were fast. So far so good but who knows how much of that is new bike watts?

Went with GRX 600 because I was worried about supply issues. Seems pretty solid so far and that clutched derailleur is doing its job with mitigating the chain slap. Went with a 2x crank because I didn't want to sacrifice the range on either end and Ekar was not in the budget. Also installed my Redshift Shockstop stem that I've had for a couple years. Rounded out with King titanium cages and the Outvi Possm tool roll that I've been using forever. The WTB saddle that the bike shipped with seems to agree with me so far. Using some Issi pedals because they're red :-)
Gravel bikes aren't suppose to be clean and shiny.
Likes For rjones28: