Old 08-02-21, 04:41 PM
mwrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
I am off my bikes for a couple weeks because hips and shoulders were not designed to be slammed into the asphalt at 20 mph.
Although I do not desire or see a motorized bicycle in my future at 57 y/o, circumstances change. For now I am hiking to have some aerobic exercise. I just cannot visualize an e-bike delivering enough of a workout to justify the purchase. I will either hike or ride a bit slower with shorter distances. No shame in that. We age.
64+
No, hips and shoulders aren't designed to be slammed into asphalt at 20 mph. I did that on June 2nd and that was on one of my road bikes. I bought a Trek Domane+ LT and don't understand why anyone would assume you don't get a workout with an ebike. I ride aggressively. On my normal 10 mile daily ride before work, there are 4 spots I sprint on the bike on the way home. I still sprint with the ebike. I still get a workout. However, MY KNEES AREN'T ACHING. Too many snapping kicks in my 20s and thirties from when I was in martial arts. Arthritis in both knees. I pushed through the aching for years. I've worn the neoprene sleeves. I forgot the sleeves this morning and my knees didn't complain. The ebike has been a blessing and a lot of fun.