View Single Post
Old 08-22-18, 03:38 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
This is the first week in maybe a month that I've done all my scheduled workouts. Rare for me to ever skip workouts, its been a time of big work stress. Then last weekend I get an email that the $ was finally approved to get me a new MRI and suddenly getting out of bed in the morning is much easier.

Anyway. Yesterday was a couple of 5 min 115% intervals, then 10 min at threshold and 30 min at tempo, on the TT bike in aero position. Was a little surprised I got it done, since I changed to a more aggressive TT position after aerotesting two and a half months ago and then kind of stopped riding the TT bike much. Today was some big gear work on the TT bike in aero.

Also finally decided to bag the idea of the mtb fondo in Big Bear on Sept 29. Thinking about it, riding with a ton of people on the course, with other riders breathing down my back, lots of dust, etc- sounds like a really good way to ruin what could be a great mtb ride. So instead, I'm heading to Big Bear that weekend but will just ride an epic mtb route the day after the fondo, Sept 30. Then Oct 1 will start TT season for me, back to business.

I might race a local 20K TT in Sept, just to get back into the swing of things. Low expectations since it feels like I haven't been on the TT bike very much of late. Although Strava tells me I'm closing in 7500 miles on the TT bike. I kind of have that end-of-summer feeling you had when you were a kid and heading back to school. I'll be a little sad to cut back on the mountain biking but I think its most enjoyable as a counterpoint to TTing.

Something of a relief to have come to some schedule conclusions, picking races etc. Now its just time to start getting the work done.